She is the mother of an adult child with Down syndrome who has been an involved parent throughout his school years and continues to support him to have a happy, fulfilling life in his community.
During her 25 years at CESA 5, she has had the opportunity to co-facilitate Parents in Partnership (PiP) and Youth in Partnership with Parents for Empowerment (YiPPE) trainings. Martha has enjoyed assisting parents of children and youth with disabilities to develop leadership skills to enhance positive parent professional partnerships for positive outcomes for their child.
- Coordinate the Parents in Partnership (PIP) and Youth in Partnership with Parents for Empowerment (YiPPE) trainings around the state. Typically two YiPPE’s and two PIP’s per school year.
- Support, mentor and train facilitators for the PIP and YiPPE trainings.
- Work with schools and communities to organize trainings that best meets the needs of their families.
- Order and distribute resources for families and professionals who participate in these trainings.
- Collaborate with other WSPEI and DPI discretionary grant staff, along with state agencies, to promote the PIP and YiPPE trainings in all areas of the state, reaching out to culturally diverse populations in offering training and resources.
WSPEI Statewide Training Coordinator
Phone: (608) 745-5435