Meet Kedibonye Carpenter the Wisconsin Statewide Parent Educator Initiative (WSPEI) Family Engagement Coordinator who provides additional support for African American families. Kedibonye is an employee of Cooperative Educational Service Agency #4.
Kedibonye is the mother of a student who has special educational needs due to hearing loss. She has experience working with schools as a parent through her son’s IEP process. She uses that experience to assist others in building meaningful partnerships with educators to help their own children.
- Help build strong partnerships between educators and African American families and to promote the success of students with special needs.
- Make sure that all the great services that WSPEI provides to families of students with special needs are relevant and equally accessible to African American families.
- Provide guidance on cultural responsiveness and diverse perspective to trainings and materials.
- Improve collaborative partnerships and technical assistance between WSPEI, educators and African American community groups and individual families.
- Collaborate with WSPEI grant staff and other DPI discretionary grant staff to provide technical assistance, resources and trainings for families and educators statewide.
923 East Garland Street
West Salem, WI 54669
Phone: (608) 786-4895